Click Here!
Make your best beer!

What is the best beer you’ve ever tasted?

Question by ineed2no: What is the best beer you’ve ever tasted?
It doesn’t matter if it’s domestic or imported, as long as it’s something you can easily buy in the US. I’m doing some personal “research”…….or more of a beer tasting spree. That’s where the “buying in the US” comes in, I’d like to avoid any international shipping or a need to travel half way around the world for this. Thanks for your opinions.

Best answer:

Answer by Erica F
I personally like Killians a lot.

Give your answer to this question below!

9 Comments

1. Robert D

/  January 17, 2013

blue moon always a good adventure

2. jpiepenbrok

/  January 17, 2013

Best I’ve ever tasted is a homebrew I did in the fall… a pumpkin IPA, but that doesn’t help you much.
    Not sure where you live, but in Michigan we have some of the best craft beers available in the US. Check out Dragonmead, Kuhnhenn, Arcadia, New Holland, Jolly Pumpkin, Short’s, Founders, etc.
    I recently toured several breweries in Colorado when I was in Denver for the GABF. Everything from New Belgium is outstanding, especially Mothership Wit. Also O’Dell’s makes amazing beers, such as Extra Special Red, IPA, and 5-Barrel Pale Ale. Oskar Blues makes a double IPA called Gordon that knocked my socks off!
    As far as more readily available beers, I’d look at Harpoon IPA from Boston.
    I could go on and on, hope that helps a little.

3. Kurt B

/  January 17, 2013

Obensscheiche = Octoberfest brew – Hamburg Germany

4. Mayor Adam West

/  January 17, 2013

Westvleteren Abt 12

This beer is beyond description just how good it is, but I will try. First the mouth feel… The perfect balance of carbonation, not too much not too little with a velvet feel to it.. The sent was of sweet fruits and malts. The taste was bold malt with a spicy fruit sweetness. A touch of clove and caramel. With a raisin accent and citrus zest. I truly don’t do this beer justice with my description. If you are ever fortunate enough to come across a bottle pick it up no matter the cost.

jpiepenbrok:

You can always get it from the monastery. And even though I do acknowledged the monks ask that it not be resold, they do receive proceeds from the original sale. If they were willing to distribute outside of one little building in the backwoods of Belgium… Well, that would be a dream come true. I have no qualms about purchasing the beer at auction. Should I not purchase Thomas Hardy Ales from prior to 2004 also? The TH brewery had people sign waivers that they wouldn’t resell bottles. When I found a 1992 at a beer auction in Ohio I snatched it up.

Edit:
    I wouldn’t even consider purchasing at a restaurant and would completely agree with you that that is wrong. But I have no issue with purchasing it off eBay… maybe I’m contradicting myself a little but in my warped mind I see a difference.

5. bonitachka

/  January 17, 2013

i love corona with lime… yeh i know its kind of the norm but i loves it!

6. Butters

/  January 17, 2013

Alexander Kieths

Has such a different flavour, you will fer sure like it.

Also check out Colt 45.
    Very good and strong 😛

7. traveler458

/  January 17, 2013

Miller High Life

8. ken G

/  January 17, 2013

My own home brewed IPA makes me Hoppy Hoppy very Hoppy.

9. The Great Boxton

/  January 17, 2013

I’ll second Westvleteren but that’s not easily purchased in the US. Dogfish head is a great well distributed brewer. Stone Brewing is another. If you are in the east, Bell’s is a top brewer in this region. Don’t know kind of beers you like so here’s
    Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
    Stone Russian Imperial Stout
    Bell’s Expedition Stout
    Stone Arrogant Bastard (or Double Bastard if you don’t have to drive)